The holidays are an exciting time, but if you are this season’s host, they can also be overwhelming and stressful. With Thanksgiving over, there’s only a little time left before your home turns busy again. If you don’t know where to begin cleaning, we can help. Here are some home preparation tips from ServiceMaster of Savannah.
- While decluttering is a job that’s supposed to be done weeks before a gathering, there’s still something you can do to clear up the mess even if you’re pressed for time.
- Start from the guest rooms and public areas for the guests’ benefit. Only leave the essentials in the living room, dining room, kitchen, foyer, and den.
- Store clutter in bags and put them in places where they can’t be seen or disturbed, such as basements and attics, and arrange them properly when your guests depart.
- Wipe down all surfaces, such as countertops, tables, chairs, cabinets, windows, and doors.
Clean Carpets and Upholstery
- Carpets need vacuuming at least once a week or maybe twice if your place is having so much foot traffic or is dusty due to heavy traffic. Vacuuming can eliminate the build-up of persistent particles that may damage your carpet fibers.
- Think of quadrants when vacuuming your carpet so that you won’t miss a spot. Go over each quadrant slowly to allow the removal of dust and dirt.
- There are places on your carpets where heavy foot and dirt traffic exists. Give special attention to these areas. Use the crisscross pattern of overlapping strokes in vacuuming these spots.
- Newly cleaned carpets can be used with soil retardants, but this might need professional equipment to apply correctly. Baking soda is also suitable for unwanted odor on the carpet. Likewise, spot stains, spills, and mold are stressfully tricky to remove. In this case, you better contact a carpet cleaning company in Savannah, GA.
- Stains are tough to remove from upholstery. If you have a fabric sofa, you may need to vacuum it using a combination of vinegar, warm water, and liquid soap for spot cleaning of stains. If you want to save time and focus on other preparations, call a professional upholstery cleaning company in Savannah, Georgia.
Pay Attention to Your Floors
- Bathroom surfaces and places that may require tile and grout cleaning may be too tedious for you unless you have time and patience. You will have to call for the services of a tile and grout cleaning company in Savannah, GA for professional help.
- Hardwood floors are elegant investments, but they are also delicate and difficult to maintain. If you have dull-looking hardwood floors, you can hire professionals to clean them up.
Paint Your Walls
- Painting is one of the cheapest investments that actually improve the appearance of your home. Apply a fresh coat of paint to your living room walls for a quick makeover.
- There’s no time to be putting up meticulous decorations, but you can hang up multi-colored string lights to create a festive ambiance.
- If you don’t have time to choose and purchase a live Christmas tree, you can make do with an artificial one. Make sure it’s labeled fire-retardant by the manufacturer and has been tested by a certified product safety testing facility.
- Refrain from using lit candles as decoration, and whatever decorations you add, ensure that they are not creating a fire hazard. Keep decorations and flammable materials at least three feet away from any heat source.
Make an Appointment With Our Cleaning Experts at ServiceMaster of Savannah
Happy Holidays! ServiceMaster of Savannah delivers customizable cleaning services in Savannah, Georgia to suit your needs. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (912) 244-6966. You can also message us online to schedule an appointment!