strong>Hurricanes are natural occurrences on our planet that damage lives and properties. We cannot control them, but we can do something about their after-effects. If you are living in or own a business in Savannah, Georgia, or anywhere near it, thunderstorms and severe weather outbreaks can be a significant problem, leaving water damage, storm damage, fire damage, and mold infestation in your property.
During the hurricane season, poorly installed or serviced air ducts can be infiltrated with unwanted moisture. Flooding can get water to condense into an air duct; thus, moisture will eventually facilitate harmful biological contaminants into your system.
Hurricane season can bring about various challenges for homeowners in Savannah, GA, especially concerning air quality. This is the time when air duct cleaning becomes even more essential. Here are seven effective tips from your trusted Savannah, GA cleaning company, ServiceMaster of Savannah, to help prevent air duct contamination during hurricane season.
- Regularly inspect your air ducts for visible signs of contamination such as mold growth, excessive dust and debris, or evidence of pest infestation.
- It’s important to check all components of your system, including your heating and cooling coils, drip pans, fans, and motor system.
- By catching potential problems early, you can prevent further damage and protect the quality of your indoor air.
- High-efficiency filters are designed to catch smaller particulates that other filters might miss.
- By using these filters, you can ensure that dust, pollen, and other allergens are trapped before they can circulate through your system and affect your indoor air quality.
- Remember to change your filters regularly, especially during the hurricane season when the air is likely to contain more contaminants.
Seal Ducts Properly
- Over time, air ducts can develop leaks or gaps where dirt, dust, and mold can enter. Ensuring that your ducts are properly sealed prevents these contaminants from infiltrating your system and polluting your indoor air.
- Sealed ducts are also more energy-efficient, helping you save on energy costs.
Invest in Air Purifiers
- Air purifiers work by filtering the air in your home and removing harmful contaminants. During the hurricane season, these machines can be particularly useful as they provide an added layer of protection against increased dust and pollen in the air.
- Adequate ventilation is the key to controlling moisture levels in your home, especially in moisture-heavy areas like bathrooms and kitchens. Ensuring that these areas are properly vented can prevent mold growth in your ducts.
- During hurricane season, when humidity levels can rise, maintaining proper ventilation is even more important.
Regular HVAC Maintenance
- Regular maintenance of your HVAC system by a professional technician can help prevent air duct contamination.
- This includes cleaning or replacing filters, inspecting and cleaning evaporator and condenser coils, checking your drain pan and drainage system for blockages, and ensuring that your system is functioning efficiently.
- Professional air duct cleaning services in Savannah, GA, have the tools and expertise to perform a thorough cleaning of your duct system. This includes cleaning all components of your system and applying sanitizers or deodorizers if needed.
- Before the start of the hurricane season, it’s a good idea to schedule a professional cleaning to ensure that your ducts are free of contaminants and ready for the challenging weather ahead.
- Remember, if you suspect mold in your air ducts, don’t attempt to clean it yourself. Mold can be harmful to your health and requires professional air duct mold removal services in Savannah, GA.
In the wake of an impending hurricane, safeguard your home’s air quality. ServiceMaster of Savannah is your go-to solution for all your cleaning and mold remediation needs. Protect your home and your health during hurricane season with ServiceMaster of Savannah.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Keeping mold out of your air ducts, especially during hurricane season, is essential for your health and the efficiency of your HVAC system. If you need help, don’t hesitate to call ServiceMaster of Savannah at (912) 244-6966 or message us online. We’re here to ensure that you can breathe easily, no matter the season.