Hurricane season is coming, and the incidence of flooding poses a great risk to your property. Prevent damages by preparing ahead; we have compiled some tips below for your awareness.
- Disaster risk. It is important to look upon the risk level of your area to know how prone it is to flooding. In the event of an approaching disaster, such as a hurricane, it is important to tune in to the latest news updates to prepare ahead; your quick, efficient actions can significantly contribute to lowering the extent of damages to your property.
- Planning. An important aspect of flood preparedness lies in the emergency plan. Before it happens, make sure that you and your family have talked about the steps to take in case flooding happens. This would enable you to address the situation more effectively, thus saving you effort and time as well as making it less stressful.
- Materials. If you plan on doing a remodeling, consider using materials that can help reduce water damage to your home in case a flood occurs. Give special attention to your floors, surfaces, doors, and walls and ceilings, and use flood-resistant materials especially if you are living in a flood-prone area.
- Electrical systems. You wouldn’t want your electrical systems to get in touch with the floodwaters! Aside from the circuit damage, a live wire in contact with water is dangerous. It is for your best benefit to secure the services of a professional to know how high up you’d need to place your electric switches, meters, and sockets.
- Barriers. Constructing barriers can help prevent floodwaters from entering your home. You can place sandbags or floodwalls around your property to avoid flooding.
Flood damage is a serious business, which is why awareness and preparedness are necessary to prevent losses and unnecessary costs. When it comes to emergency water damage restoration in Savannah, Georgia and its surrounding areas, ServiceMaster of Savannah is the company to trust. We are available 24/7 and would immediately respond to your needs. You can trust our damage restoration professionals to perform the job expertly and efficiently. Contact ServiceMaster of Savannah today at 912-244-6966.